Please provide your apartment or unit # , if applicable
This form is for ONLY if you've completed application/been approved over the phone, have done a meet & greet with the animal(s) and got the okay from our volunteer to fill out the contract and pay the fee. If all of this has NOT happened, you need to STOP and click the Apply for a Cat on your left and complete the application, NOT the contract.
Which cat(s) are you adopting? (Please provide their ORIGINAL name, not the name you intend to give them.)*
If you intend to rename your adoptive cat(s) and know the new name, please provide it here.
If there is to be a 2nd owner listed for the cat(s), please provide their full name, phone number and email address below.
Please provide the name(s) , number (s) and email addresses of whom to contact in case of an emergency. Remember, if you are out of town and your cat is lost, we will be contacted and will hold the cat. So you may want to list someone outside of your household who could help in the event you are out of town and your pet is lost.*
Please list the name of your current employer/job. Are you full time or part time? If you are self employed, provide name of business and field (real estate, accounting, etc.)
If you are not employed, please describe your income/how you support yourself. (If you are "stay at home," list spouse's employment info.) Incomplete information will result in automatic denial. Please detail your response.*
We get matched funds in regards to volunteer hours and adoptions for certain employers. Are you, or your spouse/partner, a current Disney employee?*
1. Return Policy. Spay the Strays, Inc. makes a commitment to all its cats for their lifetime. The adopter agrees that if he/she is unwilling or unable to care for the cat for its entire lifetime, he/she will RETURN THE CAT to Spay the Strays. The adopter understands that he/she is responsible for the care of the cat until he/she has delivered him/her into Spay the Strays hands and will do everything within his/her power to safely return the cat. The adopter agrees that in the event that he/she finds a suitable alternative home for the cat, he/she will contact Spay the Strays with the name, address and phone number of the proposed new adopter. Any proposed new adopter will be required to complete a Spay the Strays adoption application and other requirements for adoption, and obtain approval from Spay the Strays in writing before adopting the cat (if approved, the new adopter will NOT be charged an adoption fee). Under no circumstances shall the adopter transfer permanent custody, ownership or possession of the cat to any entity, including family or friends or any entity or agency, without the approval and written consent of Spay the Strays.
2. Adoption Fee & Licenses. The adopter agrees to pay an adoption fee to help defray Spay the Strays’ expenses for food, sheltering, spaying/neutering, vaccinations and veterinary care. Additional donations are very much appreciated. This fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and should the adopter decide to return the cat at a later date, the adoption fee is considered a donation. The adopter agrees to obtain the proper municipal license, as required under local law. The state of Florida REQUIRES all pets are vaccinated for rabies.
3. Care. The adopter agrees to provide the cat with the necessary vaccinations as advised by his/her veterinarian. The adopter agrees to obtain immediate veterinary care should the cat become sick or injured (not eating/drinking/using litter box, etc.) and to take full financial responsibility for any veterinary expenses. The adopter understands that the adopted cat is an INDOOR pet, and agrees to let it live as part of the family with access to the entire home. The adopter agrees to provide the cat with fresh water, wholesome food, adequate exercise and loving attention. The adopter agrees they will check their email for a copy of the Bringing Your New Cat Home information sheet and will read it. Adopter will NOT declaw the cat as this is a cruel surgery that removes the joint of the cat's foot and is ILLEGAL in many places.
4. Medical/Experimental Purposes and Home Visit. The adopted cat may NOT be used for medical or other experimental purposes. The adopter agrees that a Spay the Strays representative may visit the adopter's home prior to/after adoption to ensure the adopted pet is in a safe environment.
5. Your Commitment. The adopter understands that cats live 15-20 years, on average, and agrees to keep the cat, as an understood family member, for its entirety. Many adopters have handled the challenges of allergies with air purifiers and meds. Cats move to new cities, states & homes just fine. Make sure they are safely secured throughout the process. Adopter will exhaust every option to keep the cat(s) and provide for it. Cats should only be returned in EXTREME circumstances. (Remember our cats must be returned to us and cannot be dumped on the streets or to a shelter or there may be legal consequences)
6. Change of Address. In the event that the adopter moves, he/she agrees to contact Spay the Strays with all updated contact information so that all of our records are current. Our email is SpayTheStrays@Aol.Com.
7. Procedure for Spay the Strays to Reclaim A Cat, should they deem it necessary: a.) Spay the Strays will notify the adopter by certified mail, return receipt requested, of the reclamation. The notice shall state the circumstances under which Spay the Strays is acting and a date when the adopter may meet with Spay the Strays to discuss the situation.
b.) After seven days from the posting of the notice, if the adopter has not notified Spay the Strays or not accepted the notice, legal action will be taken by Spay the Strays to retrieve the cat. c.) If the cat is in a situation that may endanger its life, Spay the Strays may call animal control in the adopter’s locality to recover the cat on behalf of Spay the Strays. d.) In the event this occurs, or if for any reason the cat is returned to Spay the Strays, the adopter may request a meeting to discuss the matter within 10 days after the cat is reclaimed. e.) Any decision by Spay the Strays as to whether the cat shall be returned to the adopter is final.
8 Release/Indemnity. The adopter agrees that the releases and indemnity agreement are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law. The adopter agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this agreement shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision will not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this agreement. This is the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any other verbal or written statements, representations or promises. This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. Any disputes under this agreement will be resolved in Osceola County, Florida. All disputes under this agreement will be settled by binding arbitration.
Release. The adopter and his/her spouse, heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns agrees never to bring a claim or suit against Spay the Strays Inc. The adopter releases Spay the Strays and its directors, founders, officers, agents, representatives, contractors, volunteers, successors and assigns from all liability arising from the adoption or behavior or actions of the cat. The adopter understands that this agreement discharges and releases Spay the Strays Inc. and its directors, founders, officers, agents, representatives, contractors, volunteers, successors and assigns from any liability to the adopter and his/her spouse, heirs, executors, and assigns with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, amputation, scarring, death, property damage or other loss that may result from the adoption or behavior or activities of the cat or from Spay the Strays’ own negligence.
Like other rescues/shelters, we cannot guarantee health or temperament of any animal. We try to provide as much info as we can, but it is best to take your new kitty to the vet within 1 week of adoption for a checkup and to establish a relationship with your veterinarian. Also, our birthdates are "estimated" based on information from our vet or prior owners. We cannot guarantee exact ages as well and do our best with the info we are provided. Our BOGO deal is for at the initial time of adoption only. An exception may be made by the main director within 30 days of adoption, depending on the circumstances. (Anything beyond this window will require an additional adoption fee.) We are NOT government funded and adoption fees only help defray SOME of the costs of care. Please initial below that you understand this.*
Your newly adopted pet will need TIME and PATIENCE to get acclimated to its new environment. Please be sure to read our Slow Introduction page as well as the links on your adoption email. The existing pets/family members will also need proper adjustment time. You agree to give the adopted pet(s) a minimum of 2 months to get acclimated and to not just "throw" everyone together. INITIAL YOU AGREE*
The adopter represents that the information provided in the adoption process and on this contract is true and correct to the best of the adopter’s ability. Spay the Strays, Inc. and the adopter wish to enter into this agreement to provide the adopted cat(s) with a suitable forever home.
The adopter agrees that he/she is legally competent to enter into this agreement and that this agreement is binding upon the heirs, assigns, successors, personal representatives and executors of both parties.
The parties agree that the electronic signature of a party to this Agreement shall be as valid as an original signature of such party and shall be effective to bind such party to this Agreement. The parties agree that any electronically signed document (including this Agreement) shall be deemed (i) to be “written” or “in writing,” (ii) to have been signed and (iii) to constitute a record established and maintained in the ordinary course of business and an original written record when printed from electronic files. Such paper copies or “printouts,” if introduced as evidence in any judicial, arbitral, mediation or administrative proceeding, will be admissible as between the parties to the same extent and under the same conditions as other original business records created and maintained in documentary form. Neither party shall contest the admissibility of true and accurate copies of electronically signed documents on the basis of the best evidence rule or as not satisfying the business records exception to the hearsay rule. For purposes hereof, “electronic signature” means a manually-signed original signature that is then transmitted by electronic means; “transmitted by electronic means” means sent in the form of a facsimile or sent via the internet as a “pdf” (portable document format) or other replicating image attached to an e-mail message; and, “electronically signed document” means a document transmitted by electronic means and containing, or to which there is affixed, an electronic signature.
By typing your name below, you are giving your electronic signature, which is as legal as your handwritten signature per the paragraph above. Please also provide your birthdate to confirm your identity (Month/Date/Year)---We do NOT share your info with anyone!*
Please enter your birthdate to confirm your signature (Month/Date/Year)*
What brought you to this form today?
Friend Referred Me
I Adopted from You Before
If referred by a volunteer, please provide their name:
If referred by another source not on dropdown, please list the referring source/site:
Disney Employees, please go to the Disney Hub, Disney Gift Matching and follow the prompts so we can get a match by your employer. Thanks for helping Spay the Strays! Please mark this is done.
***PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL REGULARLY AS THIS IS WHERE YOUR INSTRUCTIONS and RECORDS WILL BE SENT. If your cat has NOT been to the vet yet, you can expect your records to be emailed about 1-3 weeks after adoption. Digital records are the norm now and are purrrfectly acceptable to be sent to your vet and saved on your computer.****
Below is to be completed by the STS ADMIN ONLY. (Volunteers please do NOT fill out)
Foster(s) of cat(s) listed above
Amount of Adoption Fee Received
Payment Confirmation # (Cash, Debit/Credit, PayPal only)